Get To Know Me
To support individuals in their journey to have a healing connection within themselves so that they may have meaningful connections with others.
To empower and encourage individuals to navigate through changes and transitions in life genuinely, authentically, and with respect to their values and identities.
Why I'm A Counselor
My journey in counseling has been one of encouragement, curiosity, and challenges. Since I started providing counseling in 2009, the reasons why I do what I do have grown with every individual I see and with every session that takes place.
Initially, I believed that intervention, prevention, and solutions to “problems” were the way to go. As I continue to evolve as a clinician, I also believe that the therapeutic relationship is important to a person’s therapeutic success, whatever that may be.
I’ve worked in a variety of settings, from one of the top nonprofit agencies in Austin, LifeWorks, to one of the best universities in the country, the University of Texas at Austin. In my experience, I’ve seen how the therapeutic relationship can support, nurture, empower, and provide a space for people to be themselves without judgement.
I’m a counselor because supporting individuals through some of the toughest times in their lives is important to me, and it is an honor to be invited into someone’s life journey to help them in whatever way they need. The therapeutic space that I offer to clients can help them manage their daily experiences and navigate through the many changes and transitions of life. They can increase their insight and awareness about what’s happening in and around them and take actions that are in line with their values and what’s important to them.
My pronouns are she/her/hers.
(Read more about why it’s important to me to share this with you.)
Core Beliefs + Values
Experiencing a collaborative relationship with genuine respect and trust
Showing up and being present in a genuine way
Treating an individual with respect with regard to all of a person's identities
Increasing understanding and awareness by being open to experiences
Tuning in to the present, noticing the breath, all without judgment
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Board Approved Supervisor License #65361 (TX)
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Texas State University
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Level 1
- TIYT (Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy) Certified
- Certified facilitator for Overcoming Anxiety Clinics
- Central Texas Eating Disorder Specialists - A collaborative effort of individuals with varied expertise in the treatment of eating disorders.
- RISE Together - A group for persons who identify as women of color in the mental health field.